Release notes - version 2.0.8
Published Date 2021-02-22T07:32:41
ell, the server move did not go as planned. I hit a few problems, and decided enough is enough.
I will try and test more.
I did manage to put up a new release, but it's a boring one (from your perspective).
I'll add release notes when I have the time.
- alternate docroots
- alternate docroots allow me to put up static files and map them to urls. It means I no longer have to deploy wars containing images and things. Also helps the Let's Encrypt challenge
- "strict" mode
- enabled "strict" mode for karchanadmin and karchanpersonal which was a huge pain in the ass. It means the compiler will check much much more, and though it helps to catch errors, it also meant for me to rigorously change a lot of code. So let me know if I broke something.
- idle users
- created an IdleUsersService. This means I won't have to store and change
the timestamp when a person last issued a command in the database anymore.
However, this information is volatile and lost when the server is rebooted.
Updated the adminpages: retrieval of all thingies for the admin pages can be
a lot (for instance, all rooms), so decided to use a scrollable cursors.
- added Java Version 11
- switched over from Full JEE Profile to the Web JEE Profile
- started using alternate docroots
- removed a lot of stuff, no longer necessary because of the alternate docroots
- karchanpersonal upgraded to latest Angular (11.1.3), enabled "strict" mode
- karchanadmin upgraded to latest Angular (11.1.3), enabled "strict" mode
- title in karchanadmin for worldattributes fixed (said Event)
- fixes transferring of ownership in the admin pages
- upgraded maven-compiler-plugin and maven-war-plugin
- Fixes #142. Shows in the admin pages information about the currently logged in administrator
- Fixes #109. Check on guildmaster change fixed. Now the check is if the person becoming guildmaster is not already a guildmaster of ANOTHER guild. (emphasis mine)
- changed event handling
- updated google guava because of security advisory
- suppport for http acme challenge of the Let's Encrypt certificates (alternate docroots for the win!)
- created an IdleUsersService
- retrieval of information in the admin pages changed to a scrollable cursor and a streaming Reponse
- changed the property for https to an optional (for ease of development)